Friday, November 30, 2012

Choice 4: 1 John 1–3. That Ye May Have Fellowship with Us and with God


Choice 4: 1 John 1–3. That Ye May Have Fellowship with Us and with God
1.    Read 1 John 1:1–4. Describe in writing John’s desire for those he wrote to. Study the following scripture references and then list what these verses teach about how we can come to know God better and have greater joy and fellowship with God:
o       1 John 1:8–10
If we confess our sins and ask for forgiveness we can know God better.
o       1 John 2:3–6
We will know God if we keep His commandments.
o       1 John 2:9–11; 3:11–19
We need to love our brother.
o       1 John 2:15–17
We need to not love the things of the world, if we love the world the
         love of the Lord is not in us. 
o       1 John 2:20–21, 27
Remember His teachings.
o       1 John 3:4–6
We should not sin, if we sin then we do not know Him.
John's desire for those her wrote to was that Christ lives and we must follow the commandments and fellowship Him.  If we do this our joy may be full. 
2.    Choose one of the ways to have greater joy and fellowship with God as you described it above, and write a paragraph explaining how you can better implement those principles in your life.
One way that I can have greater joy and fellowship with God is to regularly study my scriptures.   My husband and I read our scriptures together every night but I struggle doing my personal studies.  I am going to set a certain time everyday for scripture study and put an alarm on my phone that will remind me.  I am going to pick out certain topics of the gospel and study them with the scriptures and other resources.